The Color Red

santa claus. mars. corvettes. fire trucks. geraniums. ladybugs. hot pink. raggedy ann and andy. hearts. valentines. venetian glassbeads. shiraz. malbec. baked clay. holly berries. barns. port side light. sofia's hair. ruby lipstick. ruby slippers. sailor's delight. rose colored glasses. chihuly's poppies. a single red rose...i don't have a favorite color. but i gravitate towards red. all shades of red. i love red food. pizza. pasta. roasted red peppers. beets. pomegranates. radishes. strawberries. rasberries. picante sauce. i'm old enough to wear a red hat, but i don't...i really like hats...just not red ones. i like red shoes. i like red bras. i wear red lipstick. my blackberry cover is red. i have a red boat. i drive a red pick-up truck. red makes me happy. kinda' like yellow makes me happy, only sexier.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Incognito

This is a photo of the venue. There was a nice crowd. The 300 pictures were hung around the room. It was such an enjoyable evening-I cannot wait to participate again next year! Who knows? Maybe even as one of the artists!




This is Gina Fischer, well known local muralist, [me in the middle], and Natalie Guess, Naples most popular batik artist. I have known both of these two wonderful ladies for over 25 years, and have truly loved watching their talents evolve. They are amazing artists, but even more than that, they are incredible people! They both participated in this event!




It was a wonderful evening, enjoyed by one and all. I am very hopeful that it will become an annual event at The Jay & Patty Baker Naples Museum of Art! These are the 2 original works of art that I ended up with! The bottom piece, an abstract by Helen Schulman, with influences of the Hudson River School of Art--I just love her command of the light in the center of her painting--it drew me right into it, like a door to heaven.


The top painting, by Joel Babb, an artist from Maine, was my first selection. I was thrilled when my name was called so early in the drawing so that I was able to obtain this lovely picture...Next to my dearest friends and loving family, it represents my 3 passions: real estate, boating and art!


[both pictures can be viewed larger by clicking right on the photo. They measure 8" X 10"]
Thank you, and Make it a great day!




The Naples Art Blogger






No comments:

Post a Comment