The Color Red

santa claus. mars. corvettes. fire trucks. geraniums. ladybugs. hot pink. raggedy ann and andy. hearts. valentines. venetian glassbeads. shiraz. malbec. baked clay. holly berries. barns. port side light. sofia's hair. ruby lipstick. ruby slippers. sailor's delight. rose colored glasses. chihuly's poppies. a single red rose...i don't have a favorite color. but i gravitate towards red. all shades of red. i love red food. pizza. pasta. roasted red peppers. beets. pomegranates. radishes. strawberries. rasberries. picante sauce. i'm old enough to wear a red hat, but i don't...i really like hats...just not red ones. i like red shoes. i like red bras. i wear red lipstick. my blackberry cover is red. i have a red boat. i drive a red pick-up truck. red makes me happy. kinda' like yellow makes me happy, only sexier.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chalk Art 2011

Gina and I began our art work before 8 AM yesterday morning...There were 102 total squares sold to businesses, individuals and sponsors to raise funds for the local Rotary Club scholarship fund! There were both professional artists, amateur artists and students working on their masterpieces throughout the day. Our picture measured 9' X 9' and took us over 8 hours to complete. I chose a home that Chip & I recently sold as the subject of our painting. Many of the passer-bys recognized the home, as it is a landmark in Olde Naples, because of its location near a very popular beach access, and also because of its distinct Lighthouse! So many of our friends and customers stopped to give us encouragement. For me, in addition to giving of our time, talent and treasure to a worthy cause, it was a gift just to spend the entire day creating along side my friend Gina. She is a remarkable mural artist here in Naples. If you are interested in seeing more of her work, please call her at 239.564.5475.
When I spoke with her earlier today and asked her how she was feeling she said, "I feel like I was run over by a little red pick-up truck!" ha ha
Yes, today we are both a bit sore, but we are already looking forward to our next art outing!



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment