The Color Red

santa claus. mars. corvettes. fire trucks. geraniums. ladybugs. hot pink. raggedy ann and andy. hearts. valentines. venetian glassbeads. shiraz. malbec. baked clay. holly berries. barns. port side light. sofia's hair. ruby lipstick. ruby slippers. sailor's delight. rose colored glasses. chihuly's poppies. a single red rose...i don't have a favorite color. but i gravitate towards red. all shades of red. i love red food. pizza. pasta. roasted red peppers. beets. pomegranates. radishes. strawberries. rasberries. picante sauce. i'm old enough to wear a red hat, but i don't...i really like hats...just not red ones. i like red shoes. i like red bras. i wear red lipstick. my blackberry cover is red. i have a red boat. i drive a red pick-up truck. red makes me happy. kinda' like yellow makes me happy, only sexier.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Rock


I'm working on a large "abstract"...It's actually non-objective, but many just refer to this genre as abstract...The difference is negligible to most, but I thought I would share the conversation I had with my 10 year old grandson last night because he described the subtle difference perfectly.
Rock: "Mimi, is this your new painting? What is it?"
Mimi: "Yes Rock, it's an abstract. Papa thinks I should call it Mother Nature."
Rock: "Oh, I can see that Mimi. I can see the wind swirling, and a waterspout, and even her eyes...What does abstract mean exactly?"
Mimi: "Actually Rock, it is non-objective. Mimi just paints her feelings. It doesn't represent anything in particular. It is whatever the observer sees. "
Rock: "Well then Mimi, then it actually represents everything."
Mimi: "I guess you are right Rock. Did you learn that at school?"
Rock: "No Mimi, it's just what i think. I like it. and, I think Papa is right--it's a good name..."
I wish all my critics were this smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment